We are currently seeking the volunteer services of a highly skilled Webmaster within WRA to oversee future development of the website. This volunteer opportunity may be carried out remotely/from home and is suited to a responsible person with sufficient time available to commit to a voluntary organisation.
About the role:
You will play a key role in optimising the performance and design of the website, and implementing changes.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- maintaining and updating the website (in conjunction with other WRA officers);
- optimising the performance of the website;
- overseeing a Google Adwords grant; and
- preparing monthly reports on the website’s performance.
All WRA volunteers are home-based. Training, support and assistance with these duties, can be provided by various WRA members.
Skills and experience needed:
The role of Webmaster requires exceptional communication skills, experience in a comparable role, and access to a desktop or laptop computer. To be successful in this role, you will:
- have a proven ability to design, build and maintain a WordPress website;
- be able to include features on the website such as a Members Only page or portal, accessible by password only; a redesigned donation page; and a CAPTCHA facility in the Contact page.
- hold a Degree in Computer Science or a related field (preferrable but not essential)
- have a working knowledge of programming languages and operating systems.
- be equipped with a knowledge of website management tools.
All applicants must be aged minimum 18 years or over.
If you are looking to use your exceptional skills and knowledge to support a reputable organisation, and make a real difference to the rescue and care of our precious wildlife, please apply now.