Founded in 2017 by Melissa McCabe, Corethics is an independent charity established to create sustainable and thriving communities in the developing world.
We partner with trusted community organisations working on the ground to tackle some of the most complex issues affecting human society and the environment.
Our Bali, Indonesia Program consists of two projects: Water 4 Bali and Waste 4 Wealth. #water4bali addresses the devastating depleting water sources on the Island of the Gods. In partnership with IDEP Foundation, we are able to replenish water, provide water stewardship education, and raise public awareness. #waste4wealth tackles an "invisible" threat to human and environmental health - toxic chemical pollution from industry. Through circular wastewater treatment solutions, innovation can transform communities free from the edges of poverty.
About the role
We hope this experience will either catapult you into the not-for-profit sector or give you the satisfaction of sharing your skills to benefit local communities in Bali and help them overcome their water crisis. Maybe both!
- The Fundraising Team members will undertake some or all of the following:
- Data entry, maintenance, and reporting of donor information in Corethics Customer Relationship Management system (NationBuilder)
- Preparation of strong fundraising messages that appeal to donors (potential and current)
- Scheduling of messaging through automated workflows
- Research prospective donors
- Use online platforms to raise donations (chuffed, website, give now)
- Monitor progress of fundraising activities (engagement rates, open, click, etc) and reporting
- Secure commitments of participation or donation from individuals or corporate donors via email, phone, or in-person
- This role will require you to allocate up to 5 hours hours per week depending on your expertise, availability, and skills you wish to develop. Ideally, you will share the workload with 4 other volunteers to ensure you keep your work-life in balance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to be creative, persuasive, and influential
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task with a keen eye for detail
- Honest, diligent, self-starter, and able to work autonomously
- Proficiency in English
- Carry out duties and responsibilities in line with policies
- Uphold Corethics pillars sustainability, empowerment, equity, and ethics
- An interest in international development, the not-for-profit sector, and/or Indonesia and its development context